Tuesday 13 September 2011

Opinions on the activivty on Bicycle riding. . . 

"
I don't have a bike. I'd rather go in the car. I want to arrive at work warm and dry... especially when it's pouring with rain. no thank you.
"
...
Gillian Roberts
Mother. 49 years old. Nursery Teacher.


"
I think bikes are great, although I ride a lot less than I used too. 
I first started the cycle as a adult when I was about 20, I was training for a peddlecar team. Peddlecar races took place over 24 hrs in bolton parks, there where a number or organised groups from Bolton that used to race around a track / path in a pedel kart. The winning team was the group who traveled the furtherest in the 24hrs race time. We came second on a couple of occasions, and once our kart broke, they always used to break and parts used to fall off. In most races teams would crash their vehiciles because they lost concentration.
When I started working for the fireservice I had plenty of lessure time, and with some friends from work we used to go on trips away on  our bicycles. We would fill a truck full of luggage and kit, drive it around the country and cycled over 100 miles a day on racing bikes. 
As we all got older, it became harder to continue to cycle so intense.
 I asked my friend Paul if he would want to go on less strenous cycling trips.
Now i don't cycle much because I can't cycle to work as I may need to take all my eqiupment to another firestation. I don't cycle that much in my spare time because I don't have much.
I'd recommend a bike to anyone. It's a great way to exercise for the body and the mind.
"
...
Alan Firth
Family Friend. 48 years old. Firefighter.


"
I have a biycle. When I have the time I enjoy it and I know I should do it for the exercise. I wish I did have more time, but at the moment my time is stretched enough as it is.


"
...

Naomi Roberts
Sister. 22 years old. Film/Media Studies Graduate.




"
I enjoy cycling, although I only started reciently. I bought a brompton bike to travel to and from work because I could fold it up and get on a bus, if the weather was bad. I enjoyed it so much that I bought a more regular bike (boardman). I use my bike to get to work, I dont use it for recreation. My travel to work everday is a 40mile round trip, to Warrington. 
Recently I took part in a charity cycle dressed as Robin.   
This week I arranged the charity bike ride from Southport to Bolton for ISHY appeal. 
I enjoy cycling and wish I would have started earlier. 


"
...

Andy Roberts.
Uncle. 47 years old. Handy man.




"
I had a bike as a kid, I stopped cycling because I learnt how to drive. I don't like cyclists, they hog the rode, and delay me getting to my destination. 


"
...
Neighbour. 45 years old.


"
I used to cycle to work everday, which was a 1/3 of a mile. When we went on holiday in our Camper Van as a family, we all used to take our bicycles. It was something we did as a family, lesure and pleasure cycling. We're old now, we don't cycle very much. 
We think all these young kids should have a bicycle like we did, they should play like we did and get some exercise instead of playing inside on computers.

"
...

Alice and Fred Roberts
Grandma and Grandpa. Retired.



No comments:

Post a Comment